- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Marinate chicken in all ingredients of the marinade & keep aside for ateast half hour.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadhai & deepfry chicken for 2-3 minutes on medium heat .Drain & keep aside.Do not let chicken in oil for longer time as it gets overcooked & turns hard.
- For sauce heat 2 tsp oil.reduce heat add ginger,garlic & peppercorns .Cook till garlic starts to change colur .add ground black pepper,soya sauce,vinegar & fried chicken.
- Add water mixed with cube or chicken stock.Add enough water (1/2 cup approx) mixed with cornstarch .cook stirring till it turns to a thick saucy consistency.Add salt to taste
- Add greens of spring onion.remove from heat & serve hot
Wednesday, 27 July 2011
Chicken in black pepper sauce-chinese style |kali miri murgh
I made black pepper chicken for dinner last night. It was a very spontaneous recipe.
delectable chicken morsels carefully seasoned with black pepper..
200 gm - boneless chicken cut into 1inch pieces
greens of one spring onion (paticha kanda) - cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp peper corns( saboot kali miri)
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp freshly ground peper
1/2-1 tsp soya sauce
11/2 cups water mixed with 1 chicken soup cube/11/2 cups chicken stock
4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsn salt
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp maida (plain flour)