I had fresh coconut which I got as a prasad from pedamma temple,jubilee hills ,hyderabad in navratri .next thing that came to my mind was which recipe to prepare from fresh coconut.I decided to make narali bhaat which turned out superb.
1 cup basmati rice
3/4 cup sugar
2-3 lavang (cloves)
1 tbsp ghee
8-10 strands kesar soaked in milk
1/2 cup freshly ground coconut
2 cups water
1 tsp elaichi powder
1 tbsp roasted dryfruits ( cashew , almonds , pista)
1) Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 mts.
2) Heat ghee in a pan add cloves & saute it for 2-3 minutes .Add soaked rice & saute it for 3 minutes.
3)Heat water in a pan & let it boil .
4) Add coconut & stir for 2 minutes .Mix sugar & kesar strands & stir well.
5) Add boiling water & cook rice till done
6) Mix `cardamom powder & add fried dryfruits for decoration.
1) Traditionally jaggery is used to prepare Narali Bhat, you may make use of jaggery instead of sugar.
2) Use orange color instead of saffron.