Chicken Lollipop Recipe is generally considered as a hors d’œuvre or appetizer dish. Though not everyone may know, this chicken dish is made from chicken wings.
It is also a popular item in Indian Chinese cuisine, served with Szechuan sauce.
Kids love this dish. It tastes spicy & delicious with a combo of any sauce or dips. It can also be served as snacks with hot tea..!
For this recipe, we need chicken wings ,i had got the ready made wings .
Breadcrumbs for outer coating is optional .You can skip and roll marinated lollipops in egg maida cornflour & spices batter & then deep fry them
I had served with home made schezwan sauce
After eating these lollipops husband was so happy that he gifted me a new samsung rex 90 mobile
10 pieces chicken wings
1 tblsp garlic paste
1 tblsp ginger paste
1 tblsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp red chilly sauce ( I had used schezwan sauce)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tsp red chilli powder (use kashmiri for red colour)
red food color -- if desired. (i didnt use)
salt as needed
1 cup bread crumbs (optional )
1 pieces raw egg
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
1/4 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups cooking oil for frying
1. Prepare a marinade with above ingredients under marinating chicken.
2. Marinate the chicken lollypops for about an hour.overnight is best.
3. Take a small bowl . Now add cracked egg ,salt, red chilly powder,red colour (optional), pepper powder ,maida , corn flour.beat the batter with a whisk.
4 Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan or skillet.
5. Keep the bread crumbs ready.Now dip the lollypops in the egg batter.Mix well so that the batter is well coated over the chicken lollypop. Then roll them in bread crumbs.( I had not used breadcrumbs since husband likes plain lollipops)
6 Now drop gently in hot oil , one or two at a time. Keep the flame in low medium flame and fry them to deep brown & crisp.
7.Drain it in kitchen tissue. Enjoy hot with your schezwan sauce or chilli garlic sauce
1. Breadcrumbs for outer coating is optional .You can skip and roll marinated lollipops in egg maida cornflour & spices batter & then deep fry them
2.When serving, wrap the bone end in aluminium foil to make it easy for your guests to eat this appetizer without soiling their hands.