Todays recipe is a sweet dish which was in my to do list since many days...Pineapple halwa, annanas sheera or pineapple kesari
Halwa is a very popular dessert of India .
Here is a tongue-tickling dessert thatsends your taste buds into a tizzy with its tangy flavour and rich consistency, while still being very easy to prepare and ready to be served within minutes!
In most Indian states halwa or kesari is made and enjoyed on festivals and on daily basis.
Pineapple halwa can be made either with fresh pineapple or tinned pineapple .You can add chopped pineapple or can add coarsely crushed pineapple puree , but I prefer to add both pineapple pieces and coarse puree in pineapple halwa.
I had tasted this first in cousins marriage
1 cup Pineapple / Annanas pureed
1/4 Cup Pine apple pieces
1 cup Semolina / Sooji
1/2 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
2.5 cup Water / Paani
1+1/4 cup Sugar / Chini (adjust as per sourness of pineapple)
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
pinch of Saffron / Kesar
1 tbsp Pistachio or almonds chopped
1 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju toasted
1. chop 2 slices into small pieces and grind 4 pineapple slices coarsely in the mixer jar, no need to make a smooth puree.
2. Heat water and sugar in a pan and cook till sugar melts completely. Now switch off gas and add saffron and pineapple crush(1 cup ) and pinepple pieces into it and mix. keep aside till pineapple soaks sugar
3. Heat ghee in a heavy bottom kadhai /pan and roast the cashew nuts to a nice golden colours and then take out from the pan and keep aside. Now add semolina/rava in the pan and roast on low heat till it is golden in colour and start giving a nice aroma.
4. next add the sugar syup and keep stirring and mix well till it start to thicken.cover with lid and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on low to medium heat. Now add cardamom powder and mix well
5. Garnish with sliced pistachio ,cashew and tuti fruity slices.
1.can add raisins and charoli to above sheera
2.can add chopped pineapple or can add coarsely crushed pineapple puree , but I prefer to add both pineapple pieces and coarse puree in pineapple halwa.